So I know that I've been a horrible blogger and essentially disappeared for like sixish months, and I don't even have a really good excuse. Since I'm prone to writing novel-length blog posts anyway, I will spare you all the recap that a good bloggie would write after all this time. Suffice it to say that David no longer has a job at the fabrica (which sucks), we have now added Puerto Peñasco and Hermosillo to our list of Mexican cities visited (each of which really deserve their own post, but due to the lazy nature of this blog's creatrix, this is unlikely to happen at the present), been stopped by a crowbar-wielding federal and I am experiencing, for the first time in the (almost) year that I've been going to Mexico, extreme intestinal distress, which according to WebMD sounds like either giardia or hepatitis. Although I never dreamed I would say this, I am really hoping that I have some rogue parasites in my body in lieu of liver disease. I am guessing this is the case since my daughter was having similar stomach issues, and neither of us is an intravenous drug user, or having sex with risky partners. Not to my knowledge, anyway.
In other news, my daughter is starting to learn some Spanish (though not enough to satisfy her Machiavellian Tata) and loves running around and playing with the kids down there, even though they have no idea what the other is saying. She has unfortunately also become fluent in radio skank, thanks to her half-sister and cousin, and possibly some indiscriminate music-listening by her mother. She knows all the words to the super-annoying "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha, and has developed an equally provocative preschooler-dance to accompany it, the likes of which would probably be found on YouTube if I were one of those parents. Soooo, I've had to revise my in-transit-to-daycare playlist.
Also, I dropped out of school, and decided to change colleges and career paths yet again. I am now considering pursuing a degree in elementary education. I figure it's the perfect path for a high-school-and-college dropout. Ah, well.
Anyways, just wanted to get something posted, but hopefully I'll be back later with more details about my recent experiences and perhaps some pictures. Mexico never ceases to amaze me.
Ciao,
Jena D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment