Thursday, May 13, 2010

Health Update

So, against my usual judgement, I actually went to the doctor yesterday, and was reassured that my intestinal distress was probably just a virus, and that I should probably not drink the water upon my return to Mexico.  I also discussed the depression and anxiety that has been wreaking havoc on my life and productivity, and it was recommended that I try Wellbutrin.  However, because I'm on insurance through the state, I have to undergo a psych eval before they can prescribe it, so that's what I get to do today.  I'm not excited.  Without getting too in-depth here, let me just say that I spent 4 of my precious teenage years in therapy for a condition that I did not have, related to abuse that did not happen.  I am not in denial, I was literally led to believe that I had repressed memories, and got so confused, I hardly even trust my own mind anymore.  The world of psychology can be scary.  However, I hate failing or dropping all my classes each semester, I hate being distant with my daughter, and within the past month or two, I reached a point where I felt right on the verge of an intentional downward-spiral, and I have reached the realization that trying to do this own my own is not working.  And as much as the idea of being on psych meds pains me, if that is what is necessary for awhile, then so be it.

Moving right along... the doctor also agreed to oversee my impending attempts at weight loss (that have been impending for approximately 3 years now :-P), and I'm hoping that between my mental health issues being treated and my healthier lifestyle, my migraines and chronic stomach issues will start to disappear too. 

Also, I watched 'Girl, Interrupted' last night, mostly because I am in love with Angelina Jolie, however it was the wrong choice the day before being evaluated for mental illness.  Ah, well.  Wish me luck.

Much Love,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment