The trip was a spur-of-the-moment thing on Friday, and everything about it was perfect. I was a little nervous because it was the first time I have driven down there in the dark, although I am finally learning to drive "Mexican-style". However, David was able to catch a bus up to Nogales, presumably to drive me back down. However, he decided to drink a bottle of Presidente on the way to meet me, so I kindly declined his gracious offer to chauffeur, figuring that my sucky driving was still less risky than his intoxicated driving.
Huerita was so happy to see her daddy, of of course, the feeling was reciprocated. It always melts my heart to see my two greatest loves together. It also generally makes for some great photo opportunities. Which I love. Cuz' I'm a photo geek.
Father & Daughter (I swear!)
My two favorite people kicking it in SONORA, fool!
We did the usual; sampling a different local "restaurant" each night, since the apartment he's renting from his parents still doesn't have a fridge or stove, hung out and watched movies, narrowly avoided spats about how I'm raising my daughter ;), etc. We did get to drive part of the way up El Cerro de la Cruz (I think that's what it's called?) and *gasp!* take some pictures. One of his parents' chihuahuas had puppies, and I got to meet the puppy that David chose to keep. He named it Akira, after the Anime. Yes, I know. And I don't even like chihuahuas. But I have to admit, the little guy was cute. And so was the dog, lol.
David &Akira
David @ El Cerro
La Huerita enjoying the chilly Mexican weather
The view from the Cerro
In all, it was a great trip, and just what I needed. I'm seriously on the verge of a nervous breakdown here with school, my daughter, money (or the lack thereof), the holidays coming up... You name it, I'm trippin' about it. But Mexico is kind of like my drug, it slows everything down for me, and relieves me from the burden of reality for a few precious moments. And then comes a 5-hour drive home, and all my worries come rushing back. But that is how it goes.






No comments:
Post a Comment